Monday 26 July 2010

Ironman this wknd!

Now I remember how I felt last year in the week leading up to the ironman in france! The race is on sunday and for the next 6 days all I will think about is if I have done enough training, should I be doing more this week, what if this happens on the day etc and every slight strain or niggle will feel like a serious injury! Had a relatively easy wk last week and will be even more so this week, will just do a couple of easy swims, a short cycle and a couple of slow runs. Spent 6hrs on saturday sorting my bike out tho so at least that should be ok:)
On a slightly more worrying side helen (who is doing IM UK as well) has just sent me a text saying there are toxic algal blooms in the lake near bolton where we are meant to be swimming so hopefully something will get sorted with that- the marathon at the end is hard enough without dying half way through!

No comments:

Post a Comment