Wednesday 2 June 2010

Kirkwall Standard Triathlon


This was the first standard distance triathlon i've done in over 2 years and it was good to get back to racing at this distance. Six of us travelled over from caithness to orkney including myself and david from thurso, brian and robin from wick and gemma and her friend Rod from Dundee. Conditions on the day were sunny with quite a mild temperature (for orkney). For me the race went well and after a good swim (1min pb) it was out on the bike to find it was actually really windy- struggled quite a lot with my new bike and the race wheel on the front caused me a lot of bother. Managed to get round in a good enough time and it was onto the run. With a lead of about 2-3mins at this point I thought I could hold the two guys off who I knew were chasing me and although I ran a pb Adrian ran 10k in 35min (mental!!!) and Torquil in 38min and this took them past me. Not really that dissapointed as 2hrs7min is a massive pb for me on this course- just need to get running quicker:) All in all it was a really good day and thanks go to beccy and keith for sorting out the event- its good to have events this far north so we dont have to travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment